Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is a standard content formatting system that allows you to stay up-to-date with websites you like. By subscribing to a feed using an RSS reader, you'll be able to see new content as soon as it posts to SmartPlanet. Our RSS feeds include headlines, descriptions and links back to SmartPlanet.com for the full article.
New and Popular
What is RSS?
Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is an XML-based format for content distribution. SmartPlanet offers several RSS feeds with headlines, descriptions and links back to the site for the full story.
Using SmartPlanet Feeds on Your Web Site
We encourage you to use these feeds, so long as you do not post our full-text stories. If you use the feeds publicly -- meaning, where anyone but yourself will read them, please include a functional link back to the full-text story on our website and provide attribution to SmartPlanet, either as text (SmartPlanet is our site name) or with a graphic (we reference a small 88x31 logo in most feeds for this purpose).
CBS Interactive Inc. reserves all rights in and to the logo, and your right to use the logo is limited to providing attribution in connection with the RSS. We don't require anything dramatic, but we do ask that you always note the source of the information.
CBS Interactive reserves the right to require you to cease distributing SmartPlanet content at any time for any reason.
SmartPlanet believes strongly in the utility of hyperlinks, which allow anyone to point directly to content, whether on the same site or an external site.
SmartPlanet uses hyperlinks to give the reader easy access to additional information or original source material. SmartPlanet links directly to external resources. Direct links save time for our readers. Where space allows, we attribute the link to its source, to help readers gauge for themselves the value of the content at the destination.
When linking to SmartPlanet -- or any CBS Interactive content -- please observe similar practices, as a courtesy and (in some instances) a legal necessity.
- Link to SmartPlanet content directly.
- Observe all copyright laws.
- Use the title or headline of the article to which you are linking, as long as you link directly to the article.
Please DO NOT:
- Use a SmartPlanet headline to link anywhere but directly to the SmartPlanet story.
- Attribute a link on your site to SmartPlanet and then link somewhere else.
- Write and link to a summary of the SmartPlanet story that exceeds fair use guidelines.
- Frame the SmartPlanet story or otherwise present the content as your own.
- Use any images from SmartPlanet stories on your site.
Drop us a line
Any questions, comments, or concerns? We're interested in how our readers employ these feeds. Let us know!