By Andrew Nusca
Posting in Aerospace
Say hello to a new Thinking Tech contributing editor: Tuan C. Nguyen.
Seen a bunch more technology stories on SmartPlanet lately? It's not just your eyes playing tricks on you -- we've got a new editor.
I'm happy to announce that Tuan C. Nguyen will join John Herrman on Thinking Tech as a contributing editor.
Based in New York City, Tuan is a freelance science journalist whose work has appeared online at U.S. News and World Report, Fox News, MSNBC, ABC News, AOL, Yahoo! News and LiveScience.
He was formerly a reporter and producer for the technology section of ABCNews.com, and currently serves on the board of directors for the New York chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
Originally from Silicon Valley, Tuan holds a bachelor's degree in mass communication from UCLA and a master's from the City University of New York Graduate School of Journalism's Health and Science Reporting Program.
On SmartPlanet, he'll join John in covering what we like to call "big tech," from aerospace and defense tech to robotics and supercomputers.
And that's exactly what he's been doing.
Here are a few of his recent stories:
- A tell-tale glimpse of China's stealth technology
- New 9-speed auto transmission also a gas saver
- With new Ford EVs, plug-in electric vehicle market heats up
- Solar-powered vehicle sets new speed record
- 3-D printing advances, producing a flute
- In cybercrime war, military projects can be game changers
- Honda's new jet may soon cruise the friendly skies
- New technology may help electric cars charge up quicker
- Honda security breach risks info of 2.2 million customers
Please welcome him. (And follow him on Twitter, too.) --The Editors
Jan 13, 2011