I'm excited about the new gig, but I've loved writing for SmartPlanet and I'll miss this job a lot. I learn something new every day here, and you, dear readers, are a big part of the reason why. Your comments and e-mails and attention have been invaluable.
Thank you to SmartPlanet editors Larry Dignan and Andrew Nusca for giving me the chance to write for this site, and please keep reading! SmartPlanet is only going to get bigger and better, and you will want to be a part of it.
In the meantime, here are some of the posts I've written that you've liked (or at least responded to) the most:
- America's roads are falling apart
- Better Place CEO Shai Agassi on electric cars
- China's car-straddling bus --and its creativity in clean tech (Andrew Nusca wrote about the bus's arrival in the U.S. here)
- A call for 1 million electric cars -- and a better grid
- A new flight challenge -- tiny airports for tiny planes
- Energy independence in 15 years?
- A SMART charging station for electric cars
- Do wiind farms lower military readiness?
- Gulf oil dispersants -- helpful or harmful?
- NASA astronaut speaks from the ocean floor: 'We're completely isolated'
- How to track the Gulf oil spill
- And my favorite: Another Tesla test drive -- this time on the highway
My parting gift to you is the photo above of the sunset -- but from Mars. Look how small the sun looks!