By Andrew Nusca
Posting in Architecture
Indian IT services company Wipro and German enterprise software firm SAP will collaborate on sustainability performance and energy management products.
Indian IT services company Wipro on Friday announced that it will collaborate with German enterprise software firm SAP AG to develop sustainability performance and energy management products for enterprise customers.
The idea is to pair SAP's sustainability offerings -- such as its Carbon Impact, BusinessObjects Sustainability Performance Management and Environment, Health, and Safety Management applications -- with Wipro's "green" IT consultation services.
Their pitch: by working together, the companies can more effectively reduce compliance costs and business risk in the face of increasing regulation at all levels.
Wipro is a services partner with SAP, and specializes in "green" consulting, from strategy and assessment to planning and implementation. Its toolbox includes ROI modeling, quick-win roadmaps, virtualization, consolidation, data center design and architecture as well as power and cooling management.
Appropriately, WiPro senior vice president for manufacturing and pharma solutions, N. S. Bala, will present on "The Sustainable Enterprise" at SAP's Sapphire Now conference next week in Orlando, Fla. Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson, former U.S. vice president Al Gore and former U.S. Secretary of State Gen. Colin Powell will also be on hand.
Related on SmartPlanet:
- McKinsey tackles value of corporate sustainability programs
- SAP: Don't release sustainability reports, spur sustainability dialogue
- Find out how your corporate sustainability programs map into your compliance responsibilities
- SAP's Peter Graf: 'Sustainability is about making money'
- Use sustainable business practices to solve Corporate America's image problem
- SAP joins Sustainability Consortium
- Exploiting the dogfood factor in corporate sustainability strategy
- SAP targets global microfinance organizations with new alliance
- 7 best practices for corporate sustainability types
- Pull business models will force IT to adapt
- Corporate sustainability is not out of reach of small businesses
- All coverage: corporate sustainability
May 14, 2010
With this collaboration we can effect greater changes in our industry than any single company would be able to accomplish. The end result is a net win for everyone involved: reduced energy consumption and a lower impact on the planet we all share.Wipro had been taking large steps towards climate change since 2006. Some of them were the only measures of their kind in India. The company had articulated a goal of becoming carbon neutral by 2014. Read more- http://www.wipro.com/greenit/pdfs/green_it_matters_at_wipro.pdf