By Larry Dignan
Posting in Environment
SAP will join the Sustainability Consortium, a group that aims to put science behind the sustainability of consumer products.
SAP said Tuesday that it will join the Sustainability Consortium, a group that aims to put science behind the sustainability of consumer products.
The company is the first enterprise software company to join.
SAP has put a good bit of effort into developing sustainability software that can dovetail with its enterprise resource planning applications. SAP also has a bevy of retail and consumer product goods customers. Those two industries dominate the Sustainability Consortium thus far.
The Sustainability Consortium is jointly administered by the University of Arkansas and Arizona State University.
- SAP: Don't release sustainability reports, spur sustainability dialogue
- Corporate sustainability reporting no longer an option. Demand disclosure.
- SAP's Peter Graf: 'Sustainability is about making money'
- The Green Polymath: GE's Net Zero project, and the multidisciplinary mindset
- Corporate sustainability is not out of reach of small businesses
May 10, 2010
I am sure that the coming together of SAP and Sustainability Consortium will be a huge leap forward where putting science behind the sustainability of consumer is concerned!! This must have been a huge step for SAP as they are the first enterprise company to take this risk!! I am sure that this step will be watched closely by other enterprises and if things work well, I am sure that well see more corporate and small businesses joining in!!