GE Energy has landed $3 billion in deals focused on everything from natural gas to wind turbines to water treatment.
Overall, GE is looking to secure energy deals across multiple industries. For instance, GE will partner with Anheuser-Busch (AB) InBev to save water and brew beer in a more energy efficient way. This energy efficiency collaboration will be tested in greenfield facilities in China. AB InBev is looking to cut its water-to-beer ratio as well as decrease CO2 usage.
Among the other key deals for GE Energy:
- The company landed $800 million in new deals to provide wind and gas turbines in Brazil. The Brazil projects will produce 1.4 gigawatts of electricity. In addition, GE was awarded another $230 million for a subsea and surface contract from OGX Petróleo e Gás Ltda.
- GE also won a $300 million deal to supply gas turbines and services in Egypt.
- In Australia, GE was selected as a supplier for a large Floating Liquefied Natural Gas platform (FLNG) project. GE has been increasingly targeting LNG projects.
- GE won $1.5 billion in new commitments for its new 1.6-100 wind turbine. GE's has inked deals to sell 750 of its new turbines. GE said the turbines are being deployed in North America and South America.
- GE also won a series of deals in Iraq for everything from oil recovery to gas turbines.
- Other deals include a waste heat recovery project in Italy, an energy grid overhaul in Ecuador and a waste water effort in the Canada oil sands.
- GE: Wind market hits rough patch, but rebound expected
- GE, NRG, ConocoPhillips invest in Israeli wastewater startup
- GE, VC firms invest $63 million in home energy tech; partner with Best Buy
- GE posts 2010 reductions in energy, emissions; misses on water
- GE’s power plant combo pack: wind, solar and natural gas
- Five questions for…Eric Gebhardt, CTO, GE Energy Services
- GE unveils power plant optimized for renewable energy
- GE’s Immelt: Green talk too ‘elitist’, ‘precious’ for public
- GE plans 400-megawatt solar panel manufacturing plant in U.S.
- GE’s bets: Clean tech, software and services
- GE partners with China on jet tech, high-speed rail, clean coal ventures
- GE acquires Lineage Power, eyes cloud, data center power systems