Our first shot out of the gate also happens to be our first foreign correspondent: Mark Halper.
Based in the United Kingdom, Mark has written about everything from media moguls to subatomic particles. As such, you’ve likely read his work in TIME, Fortune, Forbes, New York Times, Wired, Financial Times and others.
For SmartPlanet, he’ll be writing about renewable energy and policy as it pertains to Europe — but we’ve given him carte blanche to dive into news from other continents, too.
And dive he has. Here are some recent stories he’s written for us already:
- Britain’s carbon-light future
- More LED truths and half-truths
- Cultivating cucumbers where the sun don’t shine
- Making biofuels fly
- The British evasion of green governance
- India and Iceland: The Lion and the Mouse
- In Scotland, a greener whisky rebellion
- Europe looks down renewable energy road as U.S. spins wheels
Quite frankly, this fellow is on fire, already filing stories from Amsterdam and Milan in his first two weeks. We’re excited to see what he unearths about new technology in the old country, and you should be, too.
Please welcome him!