There are cases of holidays from hell -- being caught in freak weather, accommodation not living up to your expectations, and perhaps the odd insect house guest and dirty linen you were not expecting.
Many complaints that go through travel agencies have legitimate reasons for being sent. However, there are a number that companies have to process every year which have no basis in reality whatsoever.
In homage to these very particular holidaymakers, Just The Flight has compiled a list of amusing -- but also frankly bizarre -- complaints that have passed through its systems over the years. Out of the complaints on record, the ten below are my personal favorites:
1. "Our flight left Heathrow at 07:55, and they told us the flight was 2 hours. But when we landed it was 10:55, making us miss our connection. The pilot didn't even tell us we were delayed."
2. "We could not enjoy the tour as our guide was too ugly. You can’t be expected to admire a beautiful view when you’re staring at a face like his."
3. "The street signs weren't in English. I don't understand how anyone can get around."
4. "The animals at the zoo looked very sad and it made our children cry. Can't they train them to smile?"
5. "You said the town was next to a volcano, but we went and there was no lava. I’m pretty sure it was just a mountain."
6. "I spent a whole week on safari, and didn’t see any good animals. There was only a load of antelopes."
7. "You told us that there was a rooftop pool, but above us was just another room."
8. "There was no sign telling you that you shouldn't get on the hot air balloon ride if you're afraid of heights."
9. "Disneyworld is too touristy."
10. "I packed for a mountaineering holiday, and couldn’t believe no one told me that there wouldn’t be snow. I had to go out and buy new clothes."
Go to Just the Flight for the full list.
Via: Just the Flight
Image credit: Flickr