It is not just First Class fliers who can access some of the world's best airport lounges -- you may be able to but not realize it.
On occasion, VIP airport lounges will grant you passage if you're with a friend or willing to pay a little extra -- and the Loungebuddy app can let you know when this is the case.
The iOS app -- soon to be launched on Android -- is dubbed as the means to "unlock the mystery of airport lounges." After downloading the app on to your smartphone or tablet, you fill out a profile including your itinerary, frequent flier programs, memberships and credit card details.
Based on this data, Loungebuddy then tells you where the nearest eligible lounges are based on your gate -- and whether you can access it for free or need to pay a one-time fee.
The mobile application is compatible with over 60 of the busiest airports in the world -- containing 700 lounges -- and includes their amenities, ratings, reviews, photos and opening hours, all of which can be shared with other Loungebuddy users.
The app can be downloaded for free in the Apple App Store.
- Boeing Dreamliner reliability issues frustrate customers
- Delta equips 11,000 pilots with Microsoft Surface 2 tablets
- NASA's glowing plane improves the flow of aeronautic design
- China's tourism industry suffers due to fake terrorist threats
- Mobile travel bookings to reach $26 billion by 2014
Image credit: Loungebuddy