Don't be put off by its diminutive size - Fiat's new entry into the electric vehicle market, the 2013 500e, packs a powerful punch. The model, which features a 111-horsepower electric motor, received an impressive 116 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) combined fuel economy rating from the EPA (122 MPGe city, 108 MPGe highway). That gives the 500e the highest rating in its class. It also features an official range of 87 miles. Here's how some other small EVs compare (mileage given as combined/city/highway):
- 2013 Smart ED: 107/122/93 MPGe, 68-mile range
- 2013 Scion iQ EV: 121/138/105 MPGe, 38-mile range
- 2013 Honda Fit EV: 118/132/105 MPGe, 82-mile range
- 2013 Mitsubishi i: 112/126/99 MPGe, 62-mile range
- 2012 Nissan Leaf: 99/106/92 MPGe, 73-mile range
The 2013 Fiat 500e is expected to hit the market in California in the second quarter of 2013.
via [Autoblog Green]